Thursday, August 24, 2006

Vacation

Trying to get into my original blog was giving me a headache and Blogger wasn't helping so I thought I would start all over again. Let's hope this one doesn't go kablooey as well.

Well, we are back from vacation and I'm tired. Plus our air conditioner that we have been babying along all summer finally gave up the ghost hemmoraging water all over the place. Luckily the temperature is bearable in the house since I don't go back to work until MOnday.

I swear that people emigrate with a lot less trouble than it took us to go on vacation. We didn't leave till late which means it was dark when we took the ferry over and more than slightly rocky. I'm not a big ferry fan anyway, always making sure that I know where all the life jackets and life boats are. I'm not trusting anyone during an emergency. Of course there was no emergency but that was because I was prepared for one. Makes me sound omnipotent doesn't it? However, there has never been any problems on the boat while I was a passenger so perhaps I am omnipotent. Since the ferry ride is only 70minutes my omnipotentcy isn't stretched.

Never and I repeat never, go to Wildwood without a reservation, especially at 11 pm. I don't know how many places we stopped looking for a place till we finally found one that, upon first impression, the room resembled nothing more than one of those habitats you buy for hampsters. We didn't like the vibes of the place so moved the next day. Only we couldn't get an efficiency or a suite so the Husband and I shared a room. Good God Almighty can the man snore. He makes sounds like I"ve never heard before and I've dealt with squealing pigs. Even worse he seems to stop mid-SNARk and I find myself holding my breath until he finally exhaled. Makes for a lot of work in the middle of the night. I'm thinking that it'll take about a month for me to catch up on my sleep. And then the Husband says I snore! Can you imagine? Me? Ladies don't snore or sweat. I'm thinking the Husband heard hsi own snores that woke him up. But he can go back to sleep while I retreated to the bathroom where I took a bath at 3 am instead of stuffing a pillow or two or three down the HUsband's throat. We eve tried breathe right strips though the Husband claimed I didn't apply mine correctly. Good gravy it's a sticky thing you slap on your nose. So the husband insisted on applying mine the next month and then he complained I snored even worse. Sigh. The last two nights we were moved to a suite and we finally got some sleep after bongo Billy stopped playing the bongos in the room below and the kids stopped shouting to each other across the courtyard.
Air conditioning or no air conditiong, it's good to be home. Only I need to unpack. MOre later.

No comments: