Thursday, August 24, 2006

Vacation stories

Thee are always vacation stories. The best one I think is tht I didn't get pooped on. Seagulls have a tendency to mistake my head for the crapper. I can wear a hat constantly (looks silly in the shower but one cannot be too careful) and the second I take it off for some reason or other...splat! I was splat proof this year. Yah for me.

I did however lose my favorite hat... boo for me... I stopped back at a restaurant to see if I had left it there and I had... yah for me... only they put it some place and could not find it...boo for me.

I also lost my bra. Honestly. We were in a two room suite and for the life of me I coudlnt' find my bra. I had just seen it moments before but couldn't find it. Now I can't leave the house without a bra, I have to keep the girls reined in otherwise it is NOT a pretty sight. So I finally go to the Husband and tell him my problem and he starts looking. The next thing I knew he was standing there looking more than puzzled and then blurted out that my bra was on my butt. So I did that dog chsing its own tail type of movement till I spotted myself in the mirror. It seems that I had halfway put my bra on. You kinow the buckle it in front and then turn it and struggle into it, that with a damp body take the contortions that Houdini would have been proud to use. Only he was getting OUT of something while I was trying to get in. I don't much mind looking like a fool. Hey, I'm telling you all about it, but now it give the Husband something to hold over my head and to remind me I once lost my bra on myself. sigh.

I did however make a couple of friends on vacation. One was the next door neighbor who was fascinated with my beading and who I encouraged to make herself a bracelet out of the stash of beads I had taken on vacation with me. Her name was Joyce and she is very much like me. As she was just beading along she told me she was a big fan of Project Runway. Oh a kindred spirit.
My second friend was Meredith the 6 year old on the other side. She was fascinated with anything I was doing and once I cut out a mermaid shape for her from cardboard and let her use my papers she looked at me and told me I was her best friend there. Thanks to Meredith I actually sold 3 anklets for $20. EACH! The ladies from New York at the end of the row saw my crystal bracelet and wanted one. You cannot tell a lady from New York no and so I made each of them one. One woman said she wanted to sell my jewelry at her store but they checked out before I could give her my email addy. Oh well. So now I have $60 I want to spend on something for the family. Maybe steamed crabs this weekend.

I'm getting tired now. Too much vacation. Time for bed. Goodnight

No comments: